Many people are not aware of the movers, making them have many misunderstandings about them. Many a time, when you require a hassle-free move, the thought of hiring reputed movers always comes into your mind that always gives the best service for your move. Many companies offer out moving services, making it quite challenging to decide what company you should go for. When you search for the best movers in NYC, you should be sure of what you look for when hiring a mover. The top three most important issues to consider are finding out whether the moving company is licensed, bonded, and insured. When the company is licensed, it means they have been allowed to carry out the business; therefore, it is a legit business. A bonded company offers you a financial guarantee. There are various things about your movers that will make you regret not being aware.
- It is always cheaper to move during the offseason– movers engage in a lot during the summer; therefore, securing their services in that busy period will make you spend a lot of money. It is always wise to choose off-peak season for relocating for you to save some money. Moving companies usually give a lesser price when it is off-season to attract more customers and secure more jobs.
- Online or over phone estimate is always inaccurate– the only manner of acquiring an accurate estimation of your moving expense is to get an in-house estimate. A quotation made through the phone or the internet can never be accurate since movers can never tell how much your belonging are weighing. Additionally, when you do not have a binding on-site quote, you may spend more than you planned prior by movers claiming unforeseen difficulties or even your items weighing more than what was estimated before.
- The credentials of the company can be easily verified– There are ways of finding out if your chosen company is licensed well and trustworthy;
- You have to visit the website and research the company you have selected, and there will be a display of any found data as soon as you key in the USDOT number.
- You can also check with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration safety violation and consumer complaints hotline and get the history of your selected company.
- You can go ahead and check the rating of the company with the BBB.
- You can ask the movers to offer you a recommendation and give you references.
- It is essential to go through every moving paperwork with a lot of keenness– you are supposed to read the bill of lading and any other moving-related documents carefully before signing them to ensure that;
- All the details you agreed upon before your move have been appropriately stated.
- The fine print doesn’t have some more conditions you disagree with.
- You comprehend and agree with every statement in the moving contract.
- No presence of blank pages or incomplete documents you are asked to sign.